When you want to cut your fats, walking might not even come to mind. But it should.
Walking has been the best and the basic source of staying fit and burning the calories for human beings from the last millions of years. From the last couple of centuries walking has been reduced in our lives due to the grown culture of the vehicles and technology which isn’t that good for our health.
For the persons looking for the weight losing tips walking is still the best source of it. We’ll take a look at some basic and easy tips to adapt walking as a weight losing technique. Researchers suggest that we should walk almost 45 minutes minimum per day. Walking a mile per day reduces 100 calories. Studies say that to keep a balanced health condition and burning calories a normal human should walk around 4 miles a day. Women between the ages 18 to 30 who walk 4 hours a week are likely to be around 45% more slimmer than those women who didn’t walk at all. 4 hours (240 minutes) sound massive, for that you should make a basic walking plan to ease the pressure of time.
You can simply add steps to your daily routine.
- 1 Mile = 2,000 steps and 100 calories burned
- 1 Pound – 3,500 calories
- 1 Pound weight loss per week = 500 calorie deficit per day
- To lose 1 pound per week you need to add 10,000 steps to your day.
10,000 steps sounds too much, here are some easy steps on how can you adapt to the walking conditions.
- Get off the bus and walk the rest of your way to home
- Walk to the station instead of taking vehicle
- Take the stairs instead of lifts
- Walk the children to school.
For Walking you should try to make it as easy as possible and not take it on your nerves.
Consider the pace.
- Stroll. It burns up to 238 calories per hour.
- Brisk walk. Walking while you can gossip with your friends. It burns up to 340 calories an hour (at a 3.5 to 4 mph pace).
- Power walk. Pace it up. A bit more like Running but at an ample pace. It burns up to 564 calories an hour (at a 4 to 5 mph pace).
Some other things that should be taken care of that you may not think otherwise.
- Choose the Right shoes for walk
- Choose the right dress for walk
- Green tea after walk
- Select the right route
- Find a walking buddy
- Be prepared for the weather conditions
- Choose the right time (best before breakfast and after dinner)
- Pair your walk with Mineral water.
- Make a habit of walking in your daily routine
- Walk up the hills